Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified UNS Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- UNS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.4 million.
- UNS traded 118,124 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:18 AM, representing 74% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UNS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UNS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on UNS:
UNS Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the electric generation and energy delivery business. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. UNS has a PE ratio of 16.4. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates UNS Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for UNS Energy has been 155,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. UNS Energy has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.45 and a short float of 1.9% with 4.19 days to cover. Shares are up 11.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates UNS Energy as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electric Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 34.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $50.66 million to $67.99 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 39.62% is the gross profit margin for UNS ENERGY CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.55% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $157.38 million or 1.14% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, UNS ENERGY CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.99%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electric Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, UNS ENERGY CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full UNS Energy Ratings Report.