Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Jos A Bank Clothiers as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JOSB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.6 million.
- JOSB traded 83,686 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:11 AM, representing 18.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JOSB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JOSB NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on JOSB:
Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. engages in designing, manufacturing, retailing, and direct marketing men's tailored and casual clothing, and accessories in the United States. JOSB has a PE ratio of 22.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Jos A Bank Clothiers a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Jos A Bank Clothiers has been 540,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Jos A Bank Clothiers has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 17.1% with 7.67 days to cover. Shares are up 17.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Jos A Bank Clothiers as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JOSB has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, JOSB has a quick ratio of 2.34, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for JOS A BANK CLOTHIERS INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.16%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.12% trails the industry average.
- JOSB, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- In its most recent trading session, JOSB has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Jos A Bank Clothiers Ratings Report.