Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cousins Properties as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CUZ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.0 million.
- CUZ traded 140,900 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:22 AM, representing 12.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CUZ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CUZ NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CUZ:
Cousins Properties Incorporated, a real estate investment trust (REIT), owns, develops, and manages real estate portfolio, as well as performs certain real estate-related services in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. CUZ has a PE ratio of 84.9. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Cousins Properties a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Cousins Properties has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cousins has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.38 and a short float of 3.5% with 4.61 days to cover. Shares are up 23.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Cousins Properties as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CUZ's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 108.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 295.87% to $7.01 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, COUSINS PROPERTIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -37.20%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- COUSINS PROPERTIES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COUSINS PROPERTIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.74 versus $0.12 in the prior year.
- You can view the full Cousins Properties Ratings Report.