Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Nielsen Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NLSN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.7 million.
- NLSN traded 162,600 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:34 AM, representing 11.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NLSN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NLSN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NLSN:
Nielsen Holdings N.V., an information and measurement company, provides media and marketing information, analytics, and industry expertise about what consumers buy and watch on a global and local basis. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. NLSN has a PE ratio of 43.3. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Nielsen Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Nielsen Holdings has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nielsen has a market cap of $15.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.85 and a short float of 2.6% with 5.15 days to cover. Shares are up 32.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Nielsen Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NIELSEN HOLDINGS NV reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NIELSEN HOLDINGS NV increased its bottom line by earning $0.65 versus $0.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.00 versus $0.65).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Professional Services industry average. The net income increased by 27.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $105.00 million to $134.00 million.
- NLSN's revenue growth trails the industry average of 19.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 52.17% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 41.85% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for NIELSEN HOLDINGS NV is rather high; currently it is at 58.69%. Regardless of NLSN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NLSN's net profit margin of 9.66% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Nielsen Holdings Ratings Report.