Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Carlyle Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.0 million.
- CG traded 105,088 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:47 AM, representing 11.9% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CG:
The Carlyle Group LP is an investment firm specializing in direct and fund of fund investments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 15.4%. CG has a PE ratio of 17.7. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Carlyle Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Carlyle Group has been 441,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Carlyle Group has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are up 1.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Carlyle Group as a
. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- 41.88% is the gross profit margin for CARLYLE GROUP LP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of CG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CG's net profit margin of 4.35% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- CARLYLE GROUP LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, CARLYLE GROUP LP increased its bottom line by earning $1.80 versus $0.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.15 versus $1.80).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 494.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $12.00 million to $71.30 million.
- CG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 16.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 117.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Carlyle Group Ratings Report.