Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Royal Dutch Shell as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RDS.B has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.6 million.
- RDS.B traded 53,535 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:30 AM, representing 13.9% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RDS.B with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RDS.B NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on RDS.B:
Royal Dutch Shell plc operates as an independent oil and gas company worldwide. The company explores for and extracts crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.4%. RDS.B has a PE ratio of 10.8.
The average volume for Royal Dutch Shell has been 518,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Royal Dutch Shell has a market cap of $274.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 14.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Royal Dutch Shell as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $13,984.00 million or 20.97% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 16.72%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- RDS.B's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.82 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Royal Dutch Shell Ratings Report.