Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Honda Motor as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HMC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.8 million.
- HMC traded 1.3 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:36 AM, representing 102.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HMC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HMC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HMC:
Honda Motor Co., Ltd. manufactures and sells motorcycles, automobiles, and power products. It operates through four segments: Motorcycle Business, Automobile Business, Financial Services Business, and Power Product and Other Businesses. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. HMC has a PE ratio of 9.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Honda Motor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Honda Motor has been 672,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Honda has a market cap of $61.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. Shares are down 18.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Honda Motor as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HONDA MOTOR CO LTD has improved earnings per share by 15.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HONDA MOTOR CO LTD increased its bottom line by earning $3.10 versus $2.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.33 versus $3.10).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Automobiles industry average. The net income increased by 17.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,234.74 million to $1,446.60 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $3,501.89 million or 14.21% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -26.18%.
- You can view the full Honda Motor Ratings Report.