Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
Nasdaq Powers Past Record High Amid Bond Market Lull; Tesla Extends Gains
With investors content to buy into Fed Chairman Jerome Powell's inflation optimism, bond markets are holding steady and stocks are looking to test fresh record highs.
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified GlaxoSmithKline as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GSK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $264.8 million.
- GSK traded 713,823 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:25 AM, representing 12.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GSK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GSK NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on GSK:
GlaxoSmithKline plc creates, discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets pharmaceutical products, such as vaccines, over-the-counter medicines, and health-related consumer products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.6%. GSK has a PE ratio of 16.3. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates GlaxoSmithKline a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for GlaxoSmithKline has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. GlaxoSmithKline has a market cap of $113.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are down 12.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates GlaxoSmithKline as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC's earnings per share declined by 26.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC increased its bottom line by earning $3.68 versus $2.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($97.40 versus $3.68).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC is currently very high, coming in at 70.72%. Regardless of GSK's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.43% trails the industry average.
- The share price of GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC has not done very well: it is down 7.77% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full GlaxoSmithKline Ratings Report.