Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Grand Canyon Education as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LOPE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.8 million.
- LOPE has traded 99,863 shares today.
- LOPE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LOPE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LOPE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LOPE:
Grand Canyon Education, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides postsecondary education services in the United States and Canada. It focuses on offering graduate and undergraduate degree programs in the areas of education, healthcare, business, and liberal arts. LOPE has a PE ratio of 19.7. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Grand Canyon Education a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Grand Canyon Education has been 312,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Grand Canyon has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 3.6% with 4.28 days to cover. Shares are down 1.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Grand Canyon Education as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LOPE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- LOPE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.22 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.33, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- GRAND CANYON EDUCATION INC has improved earnings per share by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GRAND CANYON EDUCATION INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.93 versus $1.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.23 versus $1.93).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 190.26% to $35.77 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GRAND CANYON EDUCATION INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -4.68%.
- The gross profit margin for GRAND CANYON EDUCATION INC is rather high; currently it is at 61.68%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, LOPE's net profit margin of 14.54% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Grand Canyon Education Ratings Report.