Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 107.86% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 69.99% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $14.15 versus $4.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($15.38 versus $14.15).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 100.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $962.00 million to $1,931.00 million.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. provides investment banking, securities, and investment management services, as well as financial services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net-worth individuals worldwide. Goldman Sachs Group has a market cap of $75.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are up 30.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.