NEW YORK (
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for GLACIER BANCORP INC is currently very high, coming in at 79.20%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, GBCI's net profit margin of 15.80% significantly trails the industry average.
- GLACIER BANCORP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GLACIER BANCORP INC reported lower earnings of $0.24 versus $0.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.90 versus $0.24).
- GBCI, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Commercial Banks industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 49.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $9.59 million to $14.35 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, GLACIER BANCORP INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc., a multi-bank holding company, provides commercial banking products and services in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, and Washington. The company has a P/E ratio of 76.9, below the average banking industry P/E ratio of 77.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Glacier has a market cap of $942.1 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 6.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our