NEW YORK (
-- Glacier Bancorp
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, GLACIER BANCORP INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- GLACIER BANCORP INC's earnings per share declined by 13.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GLACIER BANCORP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.61 versus $0.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.62 versus $0.61).
- The gross profit margin for GLACIER BANCORP INC is rather high; currently it is at 58.10%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.10% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 2626.80% to $95.11 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GLACIER BANCORP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -713.34%.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc., a multi-bank holding company, provides commercial banking products and services in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, and Washington. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.9, equal to the average banking industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 16.5. Glacier has a market cap of $1 billion and is part of the
industry. Shares are down 4.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our