NEW YORK (
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GIVN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- GIVN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.46, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 272.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.01 million to $3.76 million.
- The gross profit margin for GIVEN IMAGING is currently very high, coming in at 82.30%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.40% trails the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
Given Imaging Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of diagnostic products for the visualization and detection of gastrointestinal tract disorders. The company has a P/E ratio of 26, below the average health services industry P/E ratio of 54 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Given Imaging has a market cap of $509 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 17.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our