Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 27.32% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GIS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GIS's revenue growth trails the industry average of 35.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, GENERAL MILLS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 64.40% to $828.60 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 64.40%, GENERAL MILLS INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 267.28%.
General Mills, Inc. manufactures and markets branded consumer foods worldwide. The company also supplies branded and unbranded food products to the foodservice and commercial baking industries. General Mills has a market cap of $31.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.00, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 18.00. Shares are up 21.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.