NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WILC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.64, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- WILC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 24.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 35.22%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 87.50% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The gross profit margin for G WILLI-FOOD INTL LTD is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.30%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.70% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $2.33 million or 52.03% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
G. Willi-Food International Ltd. engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, import, export, and distribution of various food products worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.8, above the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio of 9.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. G. Willi-Food International has a market cap of $61.8 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff