Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Fuelcell Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FCEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.8 million.
- FCEL has traded 577,072 shares today.
- FCEL is up 6.9% today.
- FCEL was down 5.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FCEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FCEL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on FCEL:
FuelCell Energy, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, sells, installs, operates, and services stationary fuel cell power plants for distributed baseload power generation. Currently there are no analysts that rate Fuelcell Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Fuelcell Energy has been 24.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Fuelcell Energy has a market cap of $620.8 million and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 1.93 and a short float of 14.8% with 3.82 days to cover. Shares are up 66% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Fuelcell Energy as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$5.07 million or 116.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for FUELCELL ENERGY INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 7.35%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FCEL's net profit margin of -23.86% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, FUELCELL ENERGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income increased by 9.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$11.68 million to -$10.60 million.
- FCEL's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.66 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.40 is sturdy.
- You can view the full Fuelcell Energy Ratings Report.