Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Ford Motor as such a stock due to the following factors:
- F has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $355.7 million.
- F traded 454,936 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:22 AM.
- F is down 7.5% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in F with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for F NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on F:
Ford Motor Company, together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, markets, finances, and services automobiles. The company operates through two sectors, Automotive and Financial Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.3%. F has a PE ratio of 6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Ford Motor a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Ford Motor has been 30.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ford has a market cap of $54.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 3.8% with 5.20 days to cover. Shares are down 1.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Ford Motor as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- F's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FORD MOTOR CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FORD MOTOR CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.84 versus $0.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.07 versus $1.84).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Automobiles industry. The net income increased by 112.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,153.00 million to $2,452.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Automobiles industry and the overall market, FORD MOTOR CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Ford Motor Ratings Report.