NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Trifecta Stocks holding Foot Locker (FL) - Get Report is only a few steps behind Nike (NKE) - Get Report , which is soaring today. FL has been putting one foot after another in its stair-step rally higher the past 12 months. See chart below.
Prices are nicely supported by the volume pattern with volume increasing on up days as the rising On-Balance Volume line depicts, above.
This five-year weekly chart of FL is more impressive, above, showing each higher level consolidation before the next rally to a new high for Foot locker.
The point and figure chart above suggests that the next price target for FL is in the mid to upper $80s.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates FOOT LOCKER INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
We rate FOOT LOCKER INC (FL) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 33.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.24% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, FL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- FOOT LOCKER INC has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FOOT LOCKER INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.56 versus $2.85 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.20 versus $3.56).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 29.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $92.00 million to $119.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FL