Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified FMC Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FTI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.4 million.
- FTI is down 2.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FTI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FTI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on FTI:
FMC Technologies, Inc. provides technology solutions for the energy industry worldwide. FTI has a PE ratio of 31.0. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate FMC Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.
The average volume for FMC Technologies has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. FMC has a market cap of $13.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 3.8% with 7.00 days to cover. Shares are up 28.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates FMC Technologies as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 374.64% to $305.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FMC TECHNOLOGIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 188.68%.
- FMC TECHNOLOGIES INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FMC TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.78 versus $1.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.20 versus $1.78).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, FTI's share price has jumped by 26.98%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- FTI's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.79 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.95 is weak.
- You can view the full FMC Technologies Ratings Report.