NEW YORK (
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 4.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $5.75 million to $6.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for FIRST CMNTY BANCSHARES INC is currently very high, coming in at 81.70%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 19.60% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- FIRST CMNTY BANCSHARES INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FIRST CMNTY BANCSHARES INC reported lower earnings of $1.07 versus $1.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.15 versus $1.07).
- FCBC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 1.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, FIRST CMNTY BANCSHARES INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
First Community Bancshares, Inc. operates as a financial holding company of First Community Bank, N.A. that provides various commercial and consumer banking products and services. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.3, below the average banking industry P/E ratio of 12.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. First Community Bancshares Inc Bluefield has a market cap of $239.5 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 5.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff