NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of FireEye (FEYE) - Get Report rose 4.4% to $41.37 in morning trading Friday after the cyber security company announced its Global Threat Intelligence Sharing initiative.
This new initiative allows customers to share anonymized FireEye threat intelligence with partners, customers, and others.
"Today's threat landscape demands far more than just broad attack data being exchanged without any context for those receiving it," said chairman and CEO David DeWalt in a statement.
Exclusive Report:Jim Cramer’s Best Stocks for 2015
"Protecting each other from commodity attacks is important, but, by creating an initiative to protect an entire community, FireEye will automate defenses for broad attacks and power different levels of context and customization to protect the community from targeted attacks," he continued.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates FIREEYE INC as a "sell" with a ratings score of D+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate FIREEYE INC (FEYE) a SELL. This is driven by a number of negative factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share and deteriorating net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- FIREEYE INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 362.2% in earnings (-$2.08 versus -$0.45).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 135.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$50.93 million to -$120.03 million.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 44.76%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 93.02% compared to the year-earlier quarter.
- Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, FIREEYE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FIREEYE INC is currently very high, coming in at 82.47%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -105.09% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FEYE Ratings Report