Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Fidelity National Financial as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FNF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $96.1 million.
- FNF traded 695,266 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:04 AM, representing 19.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FNF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FNF NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on FNF:
Fidelity National Financial, Inc. provides title insurance, mortgage services, and diversified services in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. FNF has a PE ratio of 9.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Fidelity National Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Fidelity National Financial has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Fidelity National Financial has a market cap of $6.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.45 and a short float of 7.4% with 4.86 days to cover. Shares are up 11.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Fidelity National Financial as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 43.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.31, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, FIDELITY NATIONAL FINANCIAL's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $250.00 million or 5.26% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -32.97%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Fidelity National Financial Ratings Report.