Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Exxon Mobil Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- XOM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.2 billion.
- XOM traded 26,921 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:08 AM.
- XOM is up 2.4% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XOM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XOM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on XOM:
Exxon Mobil Corporation explores and produces for crude oil and natural gas. As of December 31, 2013, the company had approximately 37,661 gross and 31,823 net operated wells. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. XOM has a PE ratio of 12.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Exxon Mobil Corporation a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Exxon Mobil Corporation has been 11.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Exxon Mobil has a market cap of $405.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 0.9% with 3.04 days to cover. Shares are down 6.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Exxon Mobil Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- XOM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 28.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6,860.00 million to $8,780.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $10,202.00 million or 32.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -6.28%.
- You can view the full Exxon Mobil Corporation Ratings Report.