Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified ExOne as such a stock due to the following factors:
- XONE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.3 million.
- XONE has traded 78,020 shares today.
- XONE is down 4% today.
- XONE was up 11.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XONE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XONE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on XONE:
The ExOne Company manufactures and sells three dimensional printing machines and printing products in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate ExOne a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for ExOne has been 462,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. ExOne has a market cap of $370.7 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are down 52.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates ExOne as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 188.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.91 million to -$5.53 million.
- The gross profit margin for EXONE CO is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.29%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -75.86% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$6.33 million or 109.40% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- XONE, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- EXONE CO has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.19 versus -$0.47).
- You can view the full ExOne Ratings Report.