Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Everest Re Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $59.3 million.
- RE has traded 2,295 shares today.
- RE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on RE:
Everest Re Group, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provides reinsurance and insurance products. It operates through the U.S. Reinsurance, Insurance, International, Bermuda, and Mt. Logan Re segments. The U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. RE has a PE ratio of 6.6. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Everest Re Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Everest Re Group has been 381,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Everest Re Group has a market cap of $7.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.63 and a short float of 3.5% with 4.00 days to cover. Shares are up 2.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Everest Re Group as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.07 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, EVEREST RE GROUP LTD's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 62.66% to $367.10 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EVEREST RE GROUP LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 4.33%.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- RE, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Everest Re Group Ratings Report.