Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and poor profit margins.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, EVK's share price has jumped by 266.00%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 15.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for EVER-GLORY INTL GROUP INC is rather low; currently it is at 23.73%. Regardless of EVK's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.83% trails the industry average.
- EVER-GLORY INTL GROUP INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, EVER-GLORY INTL GROUP INC reported lower earnings of $0.72 versus $0.86 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 82.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $6.06 million to $1.04 million.
Ever-Glory International Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture, distribution, and retail of apparel for women, men, and children. Its products include coats, jackets, trousers, jeans, slacks, skirts, shirts, vests, skiwear, shirts, vests, and knitwear. Ever-Glory International Group has a market cap of $109.8 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 48.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.