Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
-- Equity One
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- EQUITY ONE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EQUITY ONE INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.31 versus -$0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.44 versus $0.31).
- 43.40% is the gross profit margin for EQUITY ONE INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 25.24% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $28.21 million or 7.95% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, EQUITY ONE INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 30.52%.
Equity One, Inc is a real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of United States. It owns, manages, acquires, develops and redevelops shopping centers and retail properties. Equity One has a market cap of $2.83 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 5.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.