Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Equifax as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EFX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $80.8 million.
- EFX has traded 6,152 shares today.
- EFX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EFX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EFX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on EFX:
Equifax Inc. provides information solutions and human resources business process outsourcing services for businesses, governments, and consumers. The company operates through four segments: U.S. Information Solutions (USIS), International, Workforce Solutions, and Personal Solutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. EFX has a PE ratio of 33. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Equifax a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Equifax has been 665,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Equifax has a market cap of $14.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.96 and a short float of 3.4% with 5.76 days to cover. Shares are up 9.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Equifax as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EFX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- EQUIFAX INC has improved earnings per share by 16.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EQUIFAX INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.56 versus $2.97 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.21 versus $3.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Professional Services industry average. The net income increased by 15.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $88.30 million to $102.10 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Professional Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, EQUIFAX INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Equifax Ratings Report.