Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Entegris as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ENTG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.1 million.
- ENTG is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ENTG has a PE ratio of 91.1.
- ENTG is mentioned 0.16 times per day on StockTwits.
- ENTG has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ENTG is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ENTG is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ENTG is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ENTG is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ENTG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ENTG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ENTG:
Entegris, Inc. develops, manufactures, and supplies products and materials that are used in processing and manufacturing in the microelectronics and other high-technology industries worldwide. ENTG has a PE ratio of 91.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Entegris a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Entegris has been 525,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Entegris has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.89 and a short float of 3.8% with 9.66 days to cover. Shares are down 2.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Entegris as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ENTG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 65.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 108.86% to $67.75 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ENTEGRIS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -80.33%.
- The gross profit margin for ENTEGRIS INC is rather high; currently it is at 50.23%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.39% is in-line with the industry average.
- ENTEGRIS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENTEGRIS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.54 versus $0.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.70 versus $0.54).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Entegris Ratings Report.