Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a weak on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified EnerNOC as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ENOC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $6.2 million.
- ENOC has traded 73,033 shares today.
- ENOC is trading at 6.33 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ENOC is trading at a new low 5.13% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ENOC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ENOC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ENOC:
EnerNOC, Inc. provides energy intelligence software and related solutions for commercial, institutional, and industrial customers, as well as electric power grid operator and utility customers. ENOC has a PE ratio of 14.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate EnerNOC a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for EnerNOC has been 432,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. EnerNOC has a market cap of $459.9 million and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.35 and a short float of 16.1% with 10.10 days to cover. Shares are down 12.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates EnerNOC as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ENOC has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 1.00 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- ENERNOC INC has improved earnings per share by 21.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENERNOC INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.64 versus -$0.91 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 24.2% in earnings ($0.49 versus $0.64).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ENERNOC INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full EnerNOC Ratings Report.