Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Enanta Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ENTA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.1 million.
- ENTA has traded 10,105 shares today.
- ENTA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ENTA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ENTA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ENTA:
Enanta Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biotechnology company, is engaged in the development of small molecule drugs for the infectious disease field. ENTA has a PE ratio of 25.1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Enanta Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Enanta Pharmaceuticals has been 305,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Enanta has a market cap of $840.1 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 66.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Enanta Pharmaceuticals as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ENANTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ENTA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 40.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 95.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- ENTA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 20.07, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- ENANTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC's earnings per share declined by 8.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENANTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.76 versus -$0.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.40 versus $1.76).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average. The net income has decreased by 13.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$4.44 million to -$5.04 million.
- You can view the full Enanta Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.