Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Emerson Electric as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EMR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $192.5 million.
- EMR has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- EMR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EMR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EMR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on EMR:
Emerson Electric Co., a diversified technology company, designs and supplies products and technology, and delivers engineering services and solutions to the industrial, commercial, and consumer markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. EMR has a PE ratio of 25.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Emerson Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Emerson Electric has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Emerson Electric has a market cap of $49.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are up 31.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Emerson Electric as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EMERSON ELECTRIC CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EMERSON ELECTRIC CO increased its bottom line by earning $2.76 versus $2.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.80 versus $2.76).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income increased by 181.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $282.00 million to $795.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.53, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.06, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 43.41% is the gross profit margin for EMERSON ELECTRIC CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.67% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report.