Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Emerson Electric as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EMR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $187.9 million.
- EMR has traded 1.9 million shares today.
- EMR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EMR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EMR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on EMR:
Emerson Electric Co., a diversified technology company, engages in designing and supplying products and technology, and providing engineering services and solutions to the industrial, commercial, and consumer markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. EMR has a PE ratio of 31.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Emerson Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Emerson Electric has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Emerson Electric has a market cap of $46.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.30 and a short float of 1.4% with 3.68 days to cover. Shares are up 22.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Emerson Electric as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.55, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.08, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $995.00 million or 17.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EMERSON ELECTRIC CO has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 12.56%.
- 42.81% is the gross profit margin for EMERSON ELECTRIC CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.05% trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, EMR's share price has jumped by 40.53%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- EMERSON ELECTRIC CO has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EMERSON ELECTRIC CO reported lower earnings of $2.67 versus $3.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.48 versus $2.67).
- You can view the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report.