Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Edwards Lifesciences as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $182.7 million.
- EW has traded 27,118 shares today.
- EW is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EW NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on EW:
Edwards Lifesciences Corporation provides products and technologies to treat structural heart disease and critically ill patients worldwide. EW has a PE ratio of 38. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Edwards Lifesciences a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Edwards Lifesciences has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Edwards Lifesciences has a market cap of $18.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.58 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.92 days to cover. Shares are up 10% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Edwards Lifesciences as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 28.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $109.20 million to $140.70 million.
- EW's revenue growth trails the industry average of 29.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- EW's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.29, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 28.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.50% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EW should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP is currently very high, coming in at 73.79%. Regardless of EW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, EW's net profit margin of 20.96% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full Edwards Lifesciences Ratings Report.