Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Alexion Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ALXN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $224.8 million.
- ALXN traded 10,100 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:29 AM.
- ALXN is down 3.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALXN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALXN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ALXN:
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes life-transforming therapeutic products. ALXN has a PE ratio of 76.2. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Alexion Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Alexion Pharmaceuticals has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Alexion has a market cap of $36.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.40 and a short float of 2.1% with 2.42 days to cover. Shares are down 2.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Alexion Pharmaceuticals as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Biotechnology industry average. The net income increased by 89.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $93.79 million to $177.73 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 41.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 38.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ALXN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.41, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS INC is currently very high, coming in at 92.34%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 32.01% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Alexion Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.