Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from sell to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income increased by 103.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$7.24 million to $0.27 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 35925.00% to $1.44 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DYNASIL CORP OF AMERICA has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 73.02%.
- 44.47% is the gross profit margin for DYNASIL CORP OF AMERICA which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DYSL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.60% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, DYNASIL CORP OF AMERICA's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 104.08% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 219.60% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
Dynasil Corporation of America develops, manufactures, and markets detection, sensing, and analysis technology products for medical, industrial, and homeland security/defense sectors in the United States and internationally. Dynasil Corp of America has a market cap of $25.3 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 40.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.