Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Sirona Dental Systems as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SIRO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.1 million.
- SIRO has traded 17.074600000000000221689333557151257991790771484375 options contracts today.
- SIRO is making at least a new 3-day high.
- SIRO has a PE ratio of 28.
- SIRO is mentioned 0.45 times per day on StockTwits.
- SIRO has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- SIRO is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- SIRO is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- SIRO is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- SIRO is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SIRO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SIRO NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SIRO:
Sirona Dental Systems, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets dental equipment for dentists worldwide. It operates through four segments Dental CAD/CAM Systems, Imaging Systems, Treatment Centers, and Instruments. SIRO has a PE ratio of 28. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Sirona Dental Systems a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Sirona Dental Systems has been 325,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sirona Dental Systems has a market cap of $5.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.72 and a short float of 6% with 9.41 days to cover. Shares are up 17.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Sirona Dental Systems as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SIRO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.07 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SIRO has a quick ratio of 2.13, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for SIRONA DENTAL SYSTEMS INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.57%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.99% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $69.20 million or 2.34% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SIRONA DENTAL SYSTEMS INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.96%.
- SIRONA DENTAL SYSTEMS INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIRONA DENTAL SYSTEMS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.13 versus $2.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.99 versus $3.13).
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Sirona Dental Systems Ratings Report.