Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified KAR Auction Services as such a stock due to the following factors:
- KAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.1 million.
- KAR is making at least a new 3-day high.
- KAR has a PE ratio of 48.3.
- KAR is mentioned 0.84 times per day on StockTwits.
- KAR has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- KAR is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- KAR is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- KAR is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- KAR is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KAR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on KAR:
KAR Auction Services, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides vehicle auction services in North America. It operates in three segments: ADESA Auctions, IAA, and AFC. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. KAR has a PE ratio of 48.3. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate KAR Auction Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for KAR Auction Services has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. KAR Auction Services has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.76 and a short float of 0.5% with 0.75 days to cover. Shares are down 1.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates KAR Auction Services as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KAR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 108.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $22.80 million to $47.50 million.
- Net operating cash flow has remained constant at $96.30 million with no significant change when compared to the same quarter last year. Along with maintaining stable cash flow from operations, the firm exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -9.61%.
- KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC reported lower earnings of $0.48 versus $0.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.52 versus $0.48).
- You can view the full KAR Auction Services Ratings Report.