Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Investors Bancorp as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ISBC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.1 million.
- ISBC is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ISBC has a PE ratio of 11.2.
- ISBC is mentioned 0.65 times per day on StockTwits.
- ISBC has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ISBC is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ISBC is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ISBC is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ISBC is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ISBC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ISBC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ISBC:
Investors Bancorp, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for Investors Bank that provides various banking products and services for businesses and individuals in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. ISBC has a PE ratio of 11.2. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Investors Bancorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Investors Bancorp has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Investors has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.88 and a short float of 6.5% with 3.80 days to cover. Shares are down 4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Investors Bancorp as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 33.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $29.28 million to $39.04 million.
- INVESTORS BANCORP INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, INVESTORS BANCORP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.40 versus $0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.42 versus $0.40).
- The gross profit margin for INVESTORS BANCORP INC is currently very high, coming in at 78.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 22.06% trails the industry average.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Investors Bancorp Ratings Report.