Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Equity Residential as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EQR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $157.6 million.
- EQR is making at least a new 3-day high.
- EQR has a PE ratio of 59.2.
- EQR is mentioned 2.00 times per day on StockTwits.
- EQR has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- EQR is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- EQR is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- EQR is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- EQR is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EQR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EQR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on EQR:
Equity Residential, a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the acquisition, development, and management of multifamily properties in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. EQR has a PE ratio of 59.2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Equity Residential a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Equity Residential has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Equity has a market cap of $28.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.20 and a short float of 1.9% with 3.12 days to cover. Shares are up 7.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Equity Residential as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1625.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 47.06% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EQR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 36.58% is the gross profit margin for EQUITY RESIDENTIAL which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 33.42% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $394.74 million or 13.01% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -7.14%.
- EQUITY RESIDENTIAL reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EQUITY RESIDENTIAL swung to a loss, reporting -$0.67 versus $0.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.45 versus -$0.67).
- You can view the full Equity Residential Ratings Report.