Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cedar Realty as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CDR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.8 million.
- CDR is making at least a new 3-day high.
- CDR is mentioned 0.29 times per day on StockTwits.
- CDR has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- CDR is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- CDR is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- CDR is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- CDR is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CDR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CDR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CDR:
Cedar Realty Trust, Inc. is an independent equity real estate investment trust. The firm is primarily engaged in ownership, operation, development, and redevelopment of properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Cedar Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Cedar Realty has been 275,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cedar has a market cap of $564.0 million and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.29 and a short float of 2.8% with 3.82 days to cover. Shares are up 13.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Cedar Realty as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 4603.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.12 million to $5.79 million.
- CEDAR REALTY TRUST INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CEDAR REALTY TRUST INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.17 versus $0.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.19 versus -$0.17).
- The gross profit margin for CEDAR REALTY TRUST INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.60%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 15.95% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, CEDAR REALTY TRUST INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Cedar Realty Ratings Report.