Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Dollar Tree Stores as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DLTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $67.4 million.
- DLTR traded 237,911 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:43 AM, representing 20.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DLTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DLTR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on DLTR:
Dollar Tree, Inc. operates discount variety stores in the United States and Canada. Its stores offer merchandise at the fixed price of $1.00. DLTR has a PE ratio of 19.4. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Dollar Tree Stores a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Dollar Tree Stores has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dollar Tree Stores has a market cap of $11.3 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.35 and a short float of 2% with 3.03 days to cover. Shares are down 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Dollar Tree Stores as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- DOLLAR TREE INC has improved earnings per share by 13.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DOLLAR TREE INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.75 versus $2.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.14 versus $2.75).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Multiline Retail industry average. The net income increased by 3.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $133.50 million to $138.30 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Multiline Retail industry and the overall market, DOLLAR TREE INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 53.28% to $198.20 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DOLLAR TREE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -79.53%.
- You can view the full Dollar Tree Stores Ratings Report.