Editor's Note: This article was produced by the staff of The Stock Market Game, a stock market simulation for students. For more information, click here.
InvestWrite, an innovative national writing competition, produced by The Stock Market Game program, adds a critical thinking component to help reinforce concepts learned in the classroom.
Every student currently registered in The Stock Market Game program with a valid team login ID and password is eligible. Here's how it works:
- Your students participate by writing essays in their grade division: Elementary (4-5), Middle School (6-8), High School (9-12).
- Every assignment introduces or relates to investment principles linked to The Stock Market Game program. Each InvestWrite assignment ties to various lessons throughout the curriculum.
- Teachers can choose to assign the InvestWrite writing assignment as an in-class or homework assignment.
- Both teachers and students will have a chance to win gift certificates, laptop computers, and trips to New York or Disney World.
- Each participating student submission has a chance to be reviewed by the competition's first round judge...you, the teacher.
- Then, as the first round judge, you select the top three responses from each class or group of participants (based on the guidelines and directions).
- Then submit them electronically to the next round of evaluation at the national level on this website.
For more information about InvestWrite visit
. For more information about the Stock Market Game program, visit
This article was written by a staff member of The Stock Market Game.