NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Walt Disney Co. (DIS) - Get Walt Disney Company Report are up by 0.64% to $121.89 in early afternoon trading on Tuesday, ahead of the release of the family entertainment and media company's 2015 third quarter earnings results after the market close this afternoon.
Analysts are expecting the theme park operator and superhero movie maker to post a year-over-year rise in both earnings per share and revenue for the most recent quarter.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters have forecast that Disney will report earnings of $1.42 per share on revenue of $13.22 billion for the 2015 third quarter.
Last year, Disney said its adjusted earnings came in at $1.28 per share on net revenue of $12.47 billion for the 2014 third quarter.
TheStreet's Jim Cramer, portfolio manager of the Action Alerts PLUS Charitable Trust Portfolio said he'll be watching Disney as the House of Mouse prepares to release its latest quarterly results.
"The pattern of stocks running into a quarter has often proved to be a good sign," Cramer said. "Disney is running into the quarter for Tuesday."
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates DISNEY (WALT) CO as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate DISNEY (WALT) CO (DIS) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- DIS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- DISNEY (WALT) CO has improved earnings per share by 13.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DISNEY (WALT) CO increased its bottom line by earning $4.25 versus $3.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.05 versus $4.25).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Media industry average. The net income increased by 10.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,917.00 million to $2,108.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, DISNEY (WALT) CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,918.00 million or 15.47% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DISNEY (WALT) CO has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.10%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DIS Ratings Report