Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Directv as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DTV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $437.1 million.
- DTV has traded 3.3 million shares today.
- DTV is down 3% today.
- DTV was up 5.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DTV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DTV NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on DTV:
DIRECTV provides digital television entertainment in the United States and Latin America. The company is engaged in acquiring, promoting, selling, and distributing digital entertainment programming primarily through satellite to residential and commercial subscribers. DTV has a PE ratio of 14.7. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Directv a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Directv has been 4.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Directv has a market cap of $37.3 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 3.2% with 3.15 days to cover. Shares are up 12% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Directv as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DTV's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DTV's share price has jumped by 36.96%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DTV should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,039.00 million or 35.84% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.84%.
- DIRECTV' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DIRECTV increased its bottom line by earning $5.19 versus $4.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.96 versus $5.19).
- 44.72% is the gross profit margin for DIRECTV which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DTV's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.42% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Directv Ratings Report.