NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DGSE's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 60.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- DGSE COMPANIES INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past two years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DGSE COMPANIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.54 versus $0.05 in the prior year.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DGSE's share price has jumped by 246.10%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.91 million or 1846.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 89.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $5.65 million to $0.57 million.
DSGE Companies, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, buys and sells jewelry, bullion products, and rare coins to the wholesale and retail customers in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 92.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. DGSE Companies has a market cap of $93.9 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 117.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our