Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cytec Industries as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CYT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $61.6 million.
- CYT has traded 261,304 shares today.
- CYT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CYT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CYT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CYT:
Cytec Industries Inc., a specialty materials and chemicals company, focuses on developing, manufacturing, and selling value-added products for aerospace and industrial materials, mining, and plastics industries. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. CYT has a PE ratio of 32. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Cytec Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Cytec Industries has been 484,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cytec has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 2.5% with 2.13 days to cover. Shares are up 23.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Cytec Industries as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.58, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.47, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $54.80 million or 24.54% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -94.32%.
- 36.93% is the gross profit margin for CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of CYT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.76% trails the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 11.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC's earnings per share declined by 9.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC reported lower earnings of $1.95 versus $2.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.24 versus $1.95).
- You can view the full Cytec Industries Ratings Report.