Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model
NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CYMI's share price has jumped by 108.70%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although CYMI had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- CYMI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, CYMI has a quick ratio of 1.66, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for CYMER INC is rather high; currently it is at 64.00%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -72.03% is in-line with the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 720.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $12.47 million to -$77.33 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, CYMER INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Cymer, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of light sources for the manufacturers of photolithography tools in the semiconductor equipment industry. Cymer has a market cap of $3.16 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 11.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE