Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified CVR Refining as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CVRR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.5 million.
- CVRR traded 48,374 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:06 AM, representing 10.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CVRR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CVRR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CVRR:
CVR Refining, LP operates as a petroleum refiner in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 14.4%. CVRR has a PE ratio of 6.9. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates CVR Refining a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for CVR Refining has been 355,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. CVR Refining has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 20.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates CVR Refining as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CVRR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.34, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.42, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $258.20 million or 7.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CVR REFINING LP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 17.51%.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, CVRR has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 11.70% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The gross profit margin for CVR REFINING LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 8.96%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.17% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full CVR Refining Ratings Report.