Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Curtiss-Wright Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $37.9 million.
- CW has traded 258,711 shares today.
- CW is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CW NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CW:
Curtiss-Wright Corporation provides engineered products and services to the defense, power generation, oil and gas, commercial aerospace, and general industrial markets worldwide. It operates through three segments: Flow Control, Controls, and Surface Technologies. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. CW has a PE ratio of 22.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Curtiss-Wright Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Curtiss-Wright Corporation has been 255,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Curtiss-Wright has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.18 and a short float of 2.5% with 1.94 days to cover. Shares are up 86% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Curtiss-Wright Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.63, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.47, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 216.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 71.77% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 221.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $11.30 million to $36.36 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 106.13% to $73.59 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CURTISS-WRIGHT CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 19.79%.
- You can view the full Curtiss-Wright Corporation Ratings Report.